I’m trying to identify our bathroom and kitchen faucets, in order to make it easier to find parts and/or eventual replacements. 

The kitchen faucet is marked “Standard” and  “Re-Nu” at its base.  We suspect that perhaps the curved part of the faucet, coming out of the base, may have been replaced at some point, but we really have no way to know for sure. I know the Standard company at some time turned into the “American Standard” company we know now. The sink was manufactured by the Standard Sanitary Mfg. Co. of Louisville, and appears dated 5-27-38.  The dimensions are 42 x 25 and the model is “Hostess.” (I think our radiators were also manufactured by the Standard Company).

The only “Re-Nu” references I’ve found online all point to bathroom faucets, with different appearances.  It might be the Re-Nu label refers to the method of washers or valve seats the faucets use — more like a feature, than a specific model.

misc 028_Small misc 029_Small misc 032_Small

The bathroom faucet handles are marked Kohler, with H or C on each handle.  The handles are cross-shaped, and the escutcheons are octagonal (with rounded sides). I have Kohler looking into it, but I don’t know if that company will be much use for info on faucets that old.  The house is from the 1930s, and we found a paper stating that Kohler faucets were to be used.  If I remember right, that paper was dated in the late 40s or early 50s.  The bathtub has the same faucets, only coming out of the wall.  Originally, the tub spout had no provision for a shower, but we replaced the spout with an exterior shower riser.

misc 022_Small misc 023_Small

Any information would be appreciated!

P.S. Incidentally, if anoyone has any good tips on cleaning vintage chrome faucets (obviously ours need a good cleaning!), I’d love to hear about those too!